reaction for food in her face!!

Hi there,
Have anyone has experience, your baby after eating gets red spots in her face and cheecks, every time my baby’s face has contact with food in her face , her cheeks became red,after 3o minutes or 1 hour will go away… i ASKED her doctor , he says that’s normal in babies!!!
I mean how normal is it? She is 14 months old and she still has this reaction.
thanks

That sounds to me like an allergic reaction. Does it only happen when you give certain foods, or everything?

Thanks fro your time nhockaday,
I was thinking the same…probably it is allergy reaction, but it happens with every kind of food and even when she plays with her finger puts them in her mouth and she gets her fingers with saliva, her cheeks will get red.

It may be nothing to worry about then. I would definitely worry if it was only certain foods that caused the reaction. Maybe she just has very sensitive skin :blush:

yes probably you are right nhochaday!!
thanks for your time
i really appreciate it
have good day

PY, are you noticing any other problems, any rashes or mucus in her stool or anything else that looks out of the ordinary?

Not, nothing irregular, only the red spots and bumbs in her cheeks.

My baby gets that way mostly with acidic foods like strawberries or tomatos. If you want to, you can put a thin coat of petrolium jelly (or baby oil?) on the baby’s face before she eats, then wash it off after the meal. :slight_smile:

That is a really good idea!!!
Thanks Then
have a good night :slight_smile: