Quizing with the math dot cards?

I have a few questions: will I confuse my baby if all of the dot cards are flashed on the computer and when I start quizing her I then use physical flash cards? When do I start quizing? And when I quiz do I just show the answer? Or do I flash each individual card as I say it? I would look up some past posts, but I kinda pressed for time right now. Thanks ladies.

hi niniedney!
i didn’t “quiz” her until we were on 2 part equations. we’re on 3 and 4 part equations now and going to start greater than/less than in a few weeks. and after 3 equations, the 4th i flash 2 answers and have her pick. that is her favorite part of the session. she actually goes and finds the dots cards and hands them to me to start the lesson. we can sometimes do math 3x/day if i don’t hide them!
with that being said, i do flash manually, dance around like a crazy person singing at the top of my lungs “math time!” and she goes crazy. i’m using LM on the computer to flash numerals, because she won’t pay attention to the dots on the computer… not as much fun i guess… and we are beyond all of the equations in LM. i’m waiting for semester 3! however, i’m going to start flashing numerals in italian, which i think she will like.
but like i said, only the last equation do i show 2 answers and have her pick. she is right about 70% of the time… you have to make sure to show them EXACTLY at the same time, b/c if you show one than another, she picks the one you showed first… at least that is what my daughter does.
that’s the way we do it. good luck!
the doc :clown:

Thanks doc. You’re always so helpful. I haven’t started the math yet. I will as soon as I get all of the materials ready

thank you! good luck and i’ll know you’ll do great!
:clown: