Question for those who have Sparkabilities videos

Greetings,

My children have been watching the 5-7 minute Sparkabilities vidoes (baby 1, 2, Toddler 1, 2) that are on Youtube. They seem to enjoy the videos quite a bit.

My questions:
For those parents who let their children watch the DVDs-
How long is each DVD? Is the remaining content worth watching or are the Youtube videos the best part of each video?
Do you feel your children have learned from the DVDs?
Is $59.99 U.S. too much to pay for the complete Sparkabilies set (2 baby DVDs & 2 Toddler DVDs)?

Besides the current 15% off (coupon code “Break”), does anyone know of any other codes to save on shipping or anything else?

Can anyone compare Sparkabilites with “Your baby/children can Discover”?

Thank you in advance,

John

Hi

I did not buy the DVDs however I bought their full totbox hd app on iPad. I think I paid something like £20 for it. My daughter’s been watching sparkabilities since she was 4 months and she loves it. I’d highly recommend getting the app or the DVDs, I think the content on the app and DVDs are the same but I cannot confirm for certain.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Regards
BT

We LOVE Sparkabilities. I reviewed them on my book a few years ago http://domanandaba.blogspot.ca/2011/03/sparkabilities-dvd-review.html.
I also received their Babies and Toddler workbooks in the mail this week. I’m reading them right now, so much valuable information!
The DVDs are about 30 mins and I used them with my oldest when he was in preschool, and my youngest since he was a week old.
Completely different then YBCD. I didn’t start those with my Baby Z till he was over 3 months old. Sparkabilities is more flashing to the right brain, while YBCD is multisensory. IF that makes any sense.

I am not an expert on the topic, but from what I red and 've seen Spark abilities seem to be aimed at much younger children then Your baby/child can discover. We love your child can discover and both of my kids learned quite a bit from it. Like Waterdreamer have mentioned Sparkabilities are more right brain and YCCD more left brain oriented.

From youtube clips we’ve tried, none of my kids liked Sparkabilities, and they were plain scared of rapid appearing/disappearing of the lady or items, even though they did very well with rapid flashing using other programs and methods. But that is just our limited experience…

If your child is ok with the rapid flashing of the youtube videos, they really worth it!
My older kid has loved them from the moment we tried with the youtube channel and still enjoying them.
For the baby, sometimes it was scary. But I made it all fun, I enjoyed very much while watching it with them. Also, you can slow down the speed in the media player.
It teaches a lot of areas (math, geometry, music, colors, alphabet, phonics etc.) and I like the way they link information.
My oldest, non-English native, has been able to name and recognize in everyday life and real objects the shapes Sparkabilities taught him.
I love that they teach not only different areas, but they teach 2D then 3D.
In my opinion, the price is fair for the bundle. If I had an iPad I would have bought them for it too.