Question about infant stimulation flashcards

So right now I am half way done my pregnancy and I decided I need to get my act together. I have a list of goals regarding several books I would like to read before Baby Z gets here, I also want to have a complete summer curriculum set up for my soon to be 7 year old. Right now I’m planning to go to Michaels Craft store and buy some black, white and red cardstock and make homemade infant stimulation cards using my Cricut diecut machine.
How many infant stimulation cards should I make. How many black and white? How many black, white and red?

which is the right cricut machine? what does one do with it?
Please pardon my naivete.

Hi Waterdreamer,

For the DS2 I bought Tiny Love Double-Sided First Book http://www.amazon.com/Tiny-Love-Double-Sided-First-Book/dp/B00006JZEN. It’s useful for the bed. It’s nice, soft and protective. DS1 had something else as a protection around his bed and we didn’t have infant flash cards or anything similar at the time. This time I thought I should have them all lol
So this book is for the bed, and will print BK infant stimulation cards. Still, for more information, I’m waiting for Doman’s"How Smart Is Your Baby" to arrive in the box.

As for Cricut Die-Cutting Machine, thanks for telling us. I didn’t know anything of this existence of such devices. (I went to manufacturer’s page http://www.cricut.com/information/ to see more :wink: and sounds very interesting and useful )

Andrea

A cricut is a machine scrapbookers use to cut out die cuts(paper shapes) to use on pages.
This is the machine I own (mine is not refurbished, but one of the original ones made a few years ago)
http://www.cricutmachine.com/product_info.php?products_id=702
I thought maybe I could use it to make these black and white cards. I’m going to start this week sometime. Perhaps when I complete a few I can post some pictures.

I have a few black and white board books for babies that I found at library sale. But maybe I’ll purchase that to put in my LO bed.
I’m reading Doman’s How Smart is Your Baby and decided to make:
21 black and white bits
21 same black and white bits with color outline
5 black and white face flashcards
10 black and white dot cards
I’m also planning on making black and white Alphabet cards (Super large 26 lower case, 26 upper case)

Hi

I am just starting with stimulation cards and my daughter is ten weeks old.
Shall I just use the black and white flash cards? When to start red? Do I have to talk when using the black and white flash cards (like saying happy, unhappy, surprised etc or just let her look at the cards?) And when to start regular flash cards with pictures and words? Also how many times a day should I do it?

Thank you in advance for your help !

I would try and find the book How Smart is your baby at the library. Their are a bunch of tips to help know when to move on to the next step.

suppose one had a power point with words.
Like big bright red letters, one word to a page.
Is there a way to go from the computer file to a flash card without writing out the flashcard longhand.
I could print on pieces of paper, but these are not rigid like flash cards.

Perhaps there are other ways to do this?

I would try using white 8x11 cardstock. I got some on sale at Michael’s craft store for 50% this week.