Question about bits of knowledge

I am doing reading and dot cards with my daughter. I have been working on them 5 times a day. We have also been doing bits of knowledge cards for Continents of the world and animals.

At each sit down would you do the same bits cards or a different one each session, so that she sees 5 different ones each session?

You are supposed to retire one a day and add a new one.

Do you do them by categories though? That is what always confuses me :confused:

Yes. You retire one word from each category every day.

So do you wait until you are in the last card of each category in order to start a new category? :wacko:

With bits of knowledge you are supposed to do programs of intelligence (I think that’s what it’s called). So you will be reusing the same cards many times but adding new info each go-around.

Ok still a little confused. Say I was showing Continent cards how many days do you show hem before you retire one?

Also is this what my sessions should look like? Or should the bits be the same each time? This is one day.

Session one: dot cards 1-5, word cards (mommy, daddy, baby, brother, sister), bits of knowledge continents.
Session two: dot cards 1-5, word cards (train, car, plane, boat, bicycle), bits of knowledge asian animals.
Session three: dot cards 1-5, word cards (mouth, eyes, nose, toes, ears), bits of knowledge flowers.
Session four: dot cards 1-5, word cards (dog, cat, bird, horse, mouse), bits of knowlege dogs.
Session five: dot cards 1-5, word cards (book, ball, doll, drum, block), bits of knowledge famous painters.

Stacey how many bits do you show in one seesion? If you show ten, then you start retiring after ten days

One of the moms in the Institute told me that it is fine to show completely new set of bits after ten days. It means that you retire all ten and start with new Bits. This is what I’m planning to do when I start Bits, I’m getting ready and hopefully will start in few days. I’m doing the same with the words, after five days I just grab a new set of words and retire all five I’ve been showing

I think retiring whole sets is easier that doing just one word every day. I tried to do it retiring words and then I ended up showing words that weren’t really related. I think once I get to bits, I will do whole sets too.

Thank you, I like the idea of retiring whole sets too.

Here are some details of the program http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-encyclopedic-knowledge/question-about-flash-cards/msg2437/#msg2437

stacey you have 15 session upthere not 5 …

for words retire one word each day after 5 days … same for maths retire 1 and add 6 on the 6th day … the first time you show 6 you need to do numerical order 2,3,4 ,5 6 … and the second time you show 6 you have to shuffle them so that 6 comes in in no particular order … also hmm maths dots suppose to show 3 sessions your showing 5 sessions …

also the words your showing only 1 session each … GD guidelines is min once max thrice a day … ie family word card is to be done preferably 3 times a day ie 3 sessions … so for 5 sets of cards its 15 sessions + 3 math dot session … and 15 sessions of EK. each sessions preferably 15 mins apart … according to GD guidelines that is … but its really upto you and your baby …