proud of my little picasso

I am so proud of my little one and I just wanted to share a little something. My son has been doing a lot of pretend play lately. For the past few months most of his pretend play focused on the Thomas the Trains sets but lately he has been talking up a storm (sometimes unintelligle gibberish-or so it seems like to me) while drawing and playing. Sometime I hear him recount stories he’s read or watched and then add some additional parts. A couple of weeks back we read the Walt Disney version of Pinocchio a few times, and just this past week, out of the blue, he stopped what he was doing, sat at his table and started drawing, when he was done he looked up and said to me " mommy, mommy, I made pinocchio and geppetto". Of course they were blurbs but he knew which was pinocchio and which was geppetto…who was I to argue. He went to daddy and showed him again pointing out who was pinocchio and who was geppetto. Here’s my little picasso’s drawing along with some of his other works of art. It is in the first picture and the drawing on the lower right hand corner, the darker red blur on the right is pinocchio and the lighter one geppetto. I want to share some other accomplishments via video so as soon as I can I will post a little more.

Thanks for sharing sofic! Great work on your little picasso! :slight_smile:

Good job!

That is so sweet :slight_smile:

Thank you Zaja, nhockaday and Krista G for your comments. It can get a bit messy sometimes but the things we do as mommies…like clean up 90 % of the time we’re awake! I’ve seen so many great posts by all of you here, I love that I can come on this site and see so many children thriving from the effort the parents put in. Keep up the great work guys! Keep your posts coming-so many people are being helped by all of your information and experiences… I come to this site to get most of my early learning tips. I use the Forum Search as if it were Google. :laugh:

I know, I love this forum. When I started on this journey 8 years ago I was completely alone. Now we have each other to share ideas, frustrations and encouragements. It is so wonderful. :slight_smile: