Progressive Phonics FREE

http://www.progressivephonics.com/

I just checked this website out. So far it looks great! FREE BOOKS and ACTIVITIES to go with the books.

I really like this site. Thanks, karma to you. It helps with my son who gets tired of reading whole sentences on his own. this way he only has to read a few words at a time, and then I read giving him a break

thank you. I just printed my first book and activity pack. I am going to turn some of it into a lapbook project. :smiley: Also just a tip to everyone about writing, place your worksheet into a plastic sheet protector, and use crayons, washable markers, or crayon pencils, they wipe right off!!! this is helpful when you have more than 1 child to teach. I save money and time when I use these.

hi, I have question here,how old is our baby can be introduce to phonics?it is suitable for preschooler or maybe just nice when the baby start talking? I really need to know this,so I can do teaching systematically and not push my babies for so many things in one time.

thanks in advance.

it is different with each child. My 1st child we have just now started the phonics books he is around 23 months old. But now I make mine into file folder games of course now the new thing is lapbooking. I don’t like the staple issues, or fasteners, I like to use a glue gun and a file folder for my books printed on cardstock, not thin paper. If you want to water proof the pages then you can paint Decopouge on or cover the pages with sheet protectors, some even put their pages into old photo albums, or binders but watch the metal coils. I avoid all of those things with my two for theyare so rough on things, both boys!
I think, I’m no expert, but if your child shows interest in reading then I would start now, but if he/she isn’t then waiting is fine. My 1st child showed interest in reading and books every since he was around 8 months old. We have been working with him with flashcards, before LR, since then. He now not even 2 yet can say most of his alphabet and recognize the leters, and reads small words. However I have noticed that my youngest son at 13 months is behind compared to my first son, but he will catch up, he just now is showing interest in school stuff. But that didn’t stop me from showing him LR and the old flaschards. We are trying these new books if different ways, posters, file folder games, lapbooks, to see which he prefers best.

Thanx for the link. Great resource! Karma to you!

Thank you. i love sharing what i find.

thanks so much… i love this site

btw karma

tq so much dear …really appreciate it!! :yes:

Thanks for the site. It does look good.

Qisdhi Mom I started my daughter on phonics when she was 18 months old - initially only teaching the phonetic alphabet. Since then I have also taught the “sh,” “th” etc sounds and some of the consonant-vowel-consonant phonics. I am taking it very slowly with her and she seems to enjoy it.