Progress on a 17 month old in Vietnam

Hi everyone,
I sometimes put questions here about early learning and I always got a lot of support from BK members, which encouraged me a lot. It seems to me that at last my toddler, who is going to turn 17 months in a week, has developed a clear interest in reading. She could sightread quite a few words in Vietnamese and also knows a few letters in the alphabet like a, b, v, t and o. She also shows signs of reading phonetically some simple words that she hasn’t seen before. So far, I combined Glenn Doman flashcards, Larry Sanger’s phonetic method and LR (I translated all the words of LR into Vietnamese) to teach her.
I’m also teaching her maths, but still struggling. She’s more interested in the objects I showed her than the number they’re supposed to represent.
Thank you all for accompanying me on this journey! I will update you once she makes some new progress.

Congratulations :slight_smile: looking forward to your updates!!

Congratulations from a Vietnamese living in Australia. You and your daughter are doing a great job. I have been using the similar methods and the results are amazing. My DS started with LR when he was 2 years 3 months and he could read and sound out new words in English when he was 3. He’s almost 4 now and able to read Vietnamese and English. My DD is 14 months and has great interest in LR, LM, Flash cards, YBCR,… though she does not speak yet :slight_smile:

Please keep on good work and get us updated!

Congrats :slight_smile: I’m also using Little Reader and Doman Flash Card Method with my 12 month old baby and yesterday, when her dad showed her the flashcard “baby” she said “BABY” and then when her dad showed her the flashcard “man” she said “MAN” I was so happy that my husband commented that I sounded like I won the lottery lol

Thanks a lot, Mela Bala, kim tham and m_roger23! It’s great to hear about your little ones’ achievements also. I always learn a lot from how other parents raise their kids here. M_roger23, what you said reminded me of the first time my daughter said “Mum” when she saw the word. I felt all my fatigue and exhaustion disappeared.