Program for capturing photos from videos?

Do you know a good free program that captures photos from videos?

If you’re talking about taking snapshots from videos, then most video editing software will have this feature. Many computers come bundled with video editing software so that’s the first place I would look.

Or if you can’t find that video editing program, you can always take screenshots while the video is playing or pause the video and take a screenshot when paused.

To do so just hit “ctrl+Print screen” together and it will take a screenshot and save it in your clipboard. You will then need to paste it into a photo editing program or a word document and crop it for just the part you would like to keep.

Hope that helps,

Lawrence

Kl, do you mean something like moviemaker?? And Lawrence, that’s a good idea :slight_smile: Except I want it to be high quality…as in photo quality…

Hi Nohayo,

Yes, I think KL meant something like Movie Maker, though I’m not sure if you can just export pictures.

However, if you are not looking for “print” quality, taking ctrl+print screen should be sufficient, and with photo editing software you can make it even more clear!

Cheers,

Lawrence

Thanks a lot Lawrence :slight_smile: I’ll try it and see how it goes :wink:

Moviemaker will do what you want, but you’ll have to manipulate the image in a photo editor because it won’t have the high quality your looking for in a photograph.

Akgard, what do you mean manipulate? Do you know of a program that’ll give me hotograph quality right away? Thanks ! :smiley:

I don’t know of one that will give you photograph quality right from the screen shot, but it is really quite simple to do a little editing in a photo editor to improve the quality. I have some that I did that are almost as good as if i had taken the picture with a still camera.

Can you tell me some of your photo editing tricks? OH please please pretty please :biggrin:

I use photoshop and just play with it until I like it…also, I’ve learned to make a copy of the file so you can do anything to it an not worry that it will be permanent!