Printed Flashcard Download

Hi!

I’m working with my 7mo old son on the YBCR program - just started 2nd DVD (#1 after the starter). I am trying to find printable flashcards with pictures in the download section of brillkids for the words in the videos, but the only thing I could find contained just the words (no pics). Is anyone aware of a download of the YBCR words with pictures? I want to pin the words up around the house to play with as we walk around. Will also make interaction with the words more casual and convenient for both of us, I think.

Thanks for any help!
Rob

Hi RobL,

YBCR words with pictures and sound are available for download. Its printable too. Plz check the following link
http://forum.brillkids.com/downloads/?sa=search2

I guess it would work in Little Reader only.

Warm wishes,
anjie

Many Thanks!!

I tried the link but it takes me to an invalid search page. Is there a search term I can enter to find these?

Thanks again,
Rob

Hello RobL,
I got the same error page. Please post another link. Thanks a million. :biggrin:

Hi…

Sorry about that error, I am not able to figure out what went wrong. Here is how I found it.

In the forum main page, on top tool bar, near to Home, You can find Little learner library. Click on that and choose English downloads. Little reader library home opens and you will find a download search box with title highlighted. Just enter YBCR and click on search. You can find the files.

Hope this works,
anjie.

anjie,
Many thanks again. I found the files . . but I get an error message when I try to open it. It says the file type is “Security Catalog”?? Do you know what I’m doing wrong or how to open the file?

Thanks so much,
Rob

Would you mind pasting a link to the particular file? I will check it for you. Every once in a while some coding gets messed up, and we have a problem with some downloads.

rob mine is 6 months old and i am shpwing him ybcr starter dvd . i also like you want to print the words so we can interract and play with them , i saw the file on LR but i thought it iwll be more interesting if i make the photos more personalized , so i am getting my toddler to put her hands up , hands down , open her mouth , picture of himself instead of any baby , i take the photos with m digital camera , load them to LR than print them .
are you going with A5 size cards /? do you think the size is enough for 7 months old . what other parents think ??
and what about laminating them ?? aren’t you concerned about the glare of the card ???
love
viv

I just measured my YBCR cards and they are 19 cm wide and 12 cm high. A5 paper is a bit shorter but wider, so the words will fit but won’t have as much “white space”. Also I measured the height of the letters of the YBCR cards. They vary from roughly 2.25 cm to 3.5 cm tall. Also the pictures that slide out of the cards are only 8.5 cm wide by 7.5 cm tall. The YBCR flash cards have a lot of empty background space around the words. The backgrounds are pale colors (peach, grey, lt blue) surrounded by a thin white border. I’ve wondered if they are designed this way to help the babies/toddlers focus on the words.

Good Luck, Lori

Thanks Angie :slight_smile: