Princeton mom with Trilingual Holistic Preschool/Daycare

Hi Brillkids families and educators!

My name is Ariadna, and I’m a mom to a mischievous and delightful 12 month old boy named Gabriel. I am a native Spanish speaker (mom is Mexican), and I grew up in Florida. I graduated from Princeton University undergrad (Go Tigers!) as a cultural anthropology major and Fordham Grad School of Education (Childhood Education). I taught bilingual early childhood students in New York City as a Teach for America Corps member, and went on to privately tutor students throughout the city. After getting married, my DH and I moved out to Utah, where I directed a series of tutoring centers K-8 and taught PreK and Kindergarten in one of our centers. After having my little guy, I opened HipKids Holistic Preschool and Daycare from my home.

After spending several years in public and private education, I wanted to design a program that I felt incorporated methodologies I really support. I enjoy the books and programs designed by Glenn Doman (Gentle Revolution), Robert Titzer, Rudolf Steiner, Teaching Tolerance, and Seigfried Englemann, to name a few. I’ve tried to create a program that incorporates their methods. I also teach Spanish and American Sign Language to my students by incorporating those languages in our routines and using a hodepodge of books, letter activities, songs, and poems that I grew up with, along with Signing Time and Baby Signing Time DVDs. I’m hoping to transition to an immersion environment, where my kids and I can exclusively communicate in ASL/Spanish at certain points of the day. The ages I teach are 11 months- nearly 4 years.

As a educator in a home environment, I’ve been trying to recreate all the great things my parents offered me as a child. I was fortunate to be spoken and read to in multiple languages (English/Spanish/French), I had many opportunities to engage the world around me, and was fortunate to be in magnet programs that fostered a love for learning and an exposure to world culture (Gifted, MEGSSS, International Baccalaureate). I’ve been trying to look at my own education in reverse to then in turn offer such opportunities to my own son and students.

As a total sidenote- I love local organic foods, and serve vegetarian and vegan meals and snacks to my students. I’d love to hear from other folks doing the same with their kids! Also, I’m a Reiki Master, and I do energywork/energy healing with my kids. Would also love to hear from folks who have tried that with their little ones!

I love all this site has to offer and I look forward to hearing from folks on the forums! Also- I’m searching for some slideshows in Russian (with pronunciation) for a new student of mine, if you know of any! :happy:

Hello hipkids and welcome to the Forum!
Sounds like you have a lot to offer to all of us, will be happy to hear from you more!
There are some LR cat files in Russian,there will be more shortly :slight_smile:

Hello and welcome to this fantastic forum!

I look forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts. Please feel free to browse around. Also please feel free to join your country of origin board, This will help you get connected with other like minded parents from your country but also give you a place where you can talk freely about issues related to early education, and activites in which you may be able to get your child/ren involved in

Kimba15

Hi and welcome to the forums. It’s great to have you here! Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki