Pregnancy Weight Gain and Post-Natal Slimming

I gained a total of 16 kgs during my pregnancy. :frowning: Since July 07, I have been trying to slim down through various methods such as exercising, dieting, massaging, Chinese acupuncture and cupping etc. :slight_smile: Now that I have shed 10kgs over a year, I am determined to continue attaining my ideal weight. 8) Anyone out there, wanting to share some personal experience in post-natal slimming?

Its very cruel and unfair but each child slowed my metabolism more than the last, and made it harder to lose weight… I just got bigger and bigger. After the 3rd I starved myself, and lost 3.5 stone. Going to the gym after that weight loss helped, but dont do gym if you’re on a low carb diet… I tried that and had NO energy. Now I’m struggling to lose weight again, as eating healthy wont lose it much, the only thing that works for me is starvation… I dont want to do that anymore!!

I had similar issues with my pregnancy. I gained 85 lbs! I lost some of it just by eating better and going to the gym, but it wasn’t until my trainer suggested the bodybugg that I really started losing the weight. Its marketed by Apex fitness at www.bodybugg.com but I got it for cheaper using 24 hour fitness website. It’s basically a glorified calorie counter but it uses several variables to get an accurate measurement of how many calories you burn. It’s got a web based log program that helps you track your food intake and then you have a better idea of what your calorie deficit is. If you can manage 850 calorie deficit per day for a week you lose 1 lbs. If your eating well, you’ll have the energy it takes to go to the gym and work out so you can lose the weight. I was skeptical at first because it was a little expensive but I’ve lost 65 lbs since March just because it has made me aware of how many calories I have burned. After all, if your not burning more calories than you take in, then you won’t lose weight. If you have questions about bodybugg, definately check out the site, it’s got good information.

I made some changes to my diet too. I go for more meals but less quantity in the day and completely cut off from food after 6pm. Instead of having my cups of coffee everyday, I change to having my green tea and Chinese tea. That saves me quite a lot of calories. These few changes to diet help. I tried starvation and crash diet last time too but the weight regained soon after I started to eat as usual again. :blush:

The whole concept of the bodybugg is good. A helpful device to have in tracking calories but I find it quite expensive, not considering the international freight yet. akggard, a whoppy 65lbs weight loss deserves a thumb up. Well done in your weight loss effort and keep it “down”. :tongue2:

I am considering to have my second baby soon, this time round, I will watch my diet and do more exercise lest my weight loss effort goes to the drain. :closedeyes:

yes, I agree the bodybugg was expensive, but for me it was about figure out why what I was already doing wasn’t working. That’s what it helped me to see. I thought I was way more active than I really was. Now I stand whenever I don’t have to sit so I can burn more calories…little things like that. Anyway, it’s really about calories in minus calories out. If you know you are eating 1500 calories a day then you need to be active enough to burn 2350 calories a day. That means about 2 hours of activity a day. That could be 60 minutes playing actively with your kids, 30 minutes walking at a good pace outside, and 30 minutes doing housework. It all adds up, but you have to be moving in order to burn more calories!

Anyone who had success with a particular product (green tea tablets, protein supplement,etc) to help them lose weight? I’m on my 8th month now and dieting would be a no-no because I plan to breast-feed. :smiley:

I m impressed my body bug

I also gained about 80 pounds during my pregnancy. I always had the tendency to be overweight and I always ate whatever I wanted I just worked out alot to stay skinny. Since I am breastfeeding I have been advised not to lose too much weight rapidly because it will release toxins that may be present in my breastmilk. I have been working out lightly everyday. I have more energy and have been slimming down. I am also motivated io eat healthier while breastfeeding.