Powerpoint instead of flashcards

I tried the GD method with making my own flashcards and its really time consuming and my son (11months) would never really stay focused with each session. So I tried the method on Powerpoint and he loves it and cries every time I’m finished showing him the presentation. I’ve changed the lesson plan to 25 words/ 3 times a day and switch out 5 words and add 5 new ones every day. I’ve added pictures after the words, and added my recorded voice to each word. This seems so much faster than making flashcards! Anyone else tried a similar method?

For my son, i always use this method. using ppt instead of flash card,coz he would never really stay focused… It’s very helpful…

i thin, don’t orry about that, because children have their own method to stay in focused…

You just need to follow you child’s lead. Since he is not into flash cards right now, just put them aside for now. If later on you want to try to use them again go for it, he may react different next time. Kids change their likes so fast that you can always try again. I mix them both. Right now I went back to using LR since my daughter wasn;t paying much attention to paper flash cards.

You’ll do great either way! :yes:

Hello lava08k,

I spent endless hours making the word cards using Doman method for my son also. He was interested in the beginning and then lost interest. I am so happy that I found this site and forum. I did not think of using powerpoint for the words. It is brilliant. My son now enjoys the powerpoint with words and pictures. It all seem to work out for the both of us. I am just sad that I spent so much much time hand printing all those flascards in my best handwriting until my back and shoulders ache. Powerpoint is so much easier and faster. Good luck and hopefully the powerpoint works out for the best for you and I. lol