Potty Training

Yesterday, I watched a show on a new way to potty train your toddler. It was based on timings. Your toddler wears this special watch with cute little melodies that play when it is time for the toddler to use the potty. I thought it was very cute but expensive.

I have a two year grandson that I would like to help potty train. Does anyone know how long after you give your toddler something to drink he would need to use the bathroom and how long after you give him something to eat? I would like to implement my own version of this, which definitely would be less expensive.

Thanks.

Hello,
I’ve only recently PT’ed my 22 month old son, and I guess I was pretty successful at it. almost no accidents these days! Used the 3 day potty training method. Well, scientifically, it takes roughly 20 minutes post drinking any kind of liquid for a child to urinate, and when it comes to food, that really depends on the type of food. If it’s water based foods like fruits or vegetables, then anywhere between 30-45 minutes before urination, if food has very little liquid in it, then longer.

If you’re wondering about bowel movements, that’s not necessarily after EVERY meal. If a child is really ready to be potty trained, then he/she should have regular bowel movements at usually particular times in a day…

Hope this helps!!!

Wow, thanks Dr. Mommy.

Anytime Chanze318… and, good luck with the potty training! can be messy at first, but definitely worth it! :slight_smile: