Potty Training Nightmare ...Help anyone!

My 18 month old started pulling her diaper off when she peed or pooped in it. We took that as a general sign she is ready to start potty training. We got her pull ups and started putting her on the potty at regular intervals. All was going great!. She’s barely 19 months and she was telling us potty and peeing and pooping in it several times a day. Even when she didn’t make it, at least she knew enough to go and pee or poo on the bathroom floor. (Such is life as a parent). Out of nowhere, she started pulling her diaper off and peeing on the floor of her play room or on the couch. We corrected her as we had done with the bathroom floor, but she continues to do it. It has progressed to her completely taking off here clothes if we turn our backs at all and peeing on whatever is near. She pees on toys, and has almost ruined a brand new couch in her play room (nothing I have done has been able to get the smell out). When I put her to sleep in her crib at night, or even for a nap she pulls off her diaper and pees (or poops!!!) in her crib. We have tried everything and are going on a family trip in 3 weeks to a family reunion at a summer camp. There will be no washer and dryer for 30 miles, and I’m afraid we are doomed. She was doing so well…and now will not pee or poo in the potty at all. Help Help Help!!!

I searched for solutions on the net for you. I came across Love and Logic which looks like an interesting way to deal with children.

http://www.loveandlogic.com/articles.html

Here is the free material. There is videos on You tube also.

I see that you have two choices. Full steam ahead with potty training or duct taping the diaper on. I might wait to potty train after the trip and duct tape the diaper on until then! A some point your sanity has to count for something, right?

http://littlekeepersleeper.com/store/Default.asp

For nighttime & naps.

Ladibird,
I know that not all toddlers learn at the same time. Nevrtheless i think that 18 month is a very good age to be concern with potty training. Maybe if your child is that age at winter, you may have to start a little earlier or wait for warmer days.

First of all try to find out if there is something else that is bothering her, maybe she is using that behavior to call your attention.

The issue here is that your daughter does not want diapers and that is something good and in favor of potty training. Children at this age really understand more than we think. If you do it consistenty maybe in one week you will get her fully trained, al least during day time. Ask her every 15 minutes, then space it to 30 minutes and so on.

Being said all these there is another side. If after 2 weeks there are no results and since … your trip is on the way …I will say like LilyandOwensMom, take your time and wait after your camp.

I vote for button up blue jeans. I had to use them while babysitting my brother’s boy. He would go fine at home but when he came to my house to spend the night i was cleaning up nasties all over the place. After i put him in the levi’s he couldn’t pull them off so the diaper stayed on!

you could try overalls too! saved my life on shopping trips! good luck! :smiley: