posting word cards on the wall

my baby’s been using YBCR since january, and she is now on vol.1.is it ok to post the words from starter dvd on the wall?im not really familiar with the doman method, i just read about it from the free ebooks here & on rightbrainkids.it states there that flashcards be shown at a rate of 1 card/sec. would posting it be too much exposure for her?

Hi :slight_smile:
I have posted around 10 words from YBCR starter DVD on the wall, high up, covered with a piece of paper. At times I just take my kid in my arms and we go around playing peek-a-boo with the words. I keep it fun and he likes this. It acts as sort of review. I change the words now and then with another set or shuffle them. I make sure that he just has a glance of the words, so that I don’t have to worry of over exposure. It has been going on fine till now.

thanks anjie, great idea! i’ll change them with covers/flaps…

karma points to you :slight_smile:

thas a great idea, i will try that :slight_smile:

HI there!
I have posted the cards also but everyday I show her twice.
:slight_smile:

This is a great idea. My boy is so active he doesn’t slow down to watch videos or flash cards. Sometimes he will stop for books, but only for his dad. He is, however, very interested having me carry him around the house and point things out to him. I have been thinking about posting words and pictures around on the walls but never thought about the peek-a-boo game; he LOVES peek-a-boo. I’m going to have pictures in front & the words behind, or mix it up whichever works best. I think this is just the thing to get him interested in reading. Thanks oomama & anjie, karma coming your way.