POLL: How did you deliver your baby? Vaginal or Cesarean?

Vaginal, no epidural no pitocin.

I had a cesarean, but i did experience labour those for 7 hours.

I was planning a normal birth. But during one of my Ultrasounds 2 wks before due date, they found I had very,very little ambiotic fluid & I was already dilated to 2. So I was put on bed rest and fluid intake since my water hadn’t broken.
Then the doctor decided to induce 3 days early. I was in labor for 13 hrs and only dilated to 6 (I did get an epidural as I’m a wimp for pain).
After 13 hours my blood pressure shot up extremely high, I started to have entire body shakes/shivers and then vomitting, so had to have c-section. They also had to try 5 times to give me an IV without blowing a vein. 5th one had to be placed in recovery after the surgery. Both arms were Black N Blue on the backs of my hands and in the inner elbow area. I don’t remember much for the next 3 hrs. SO says that he had to keep waking me up, but that when they did show me my DD that I said “Mommy loves you” and gave her a kiss before they took her away. My whole body hurt for the next two weeks.
She’s was the greatest SURPRISE in the world, but the pain was a little more than I thought it would be.
:slight_smile:

i had a vbac with my first baby. very dramatic. i had an epidural and i had many stitches. the stitches however just didnt heal and i had to have an op done as they got septic.

i cant wait to fall pregnant again but im not sure what my 2nd birth will be. my husband was pretty traumatised as our son was born with forceps. he wants the next one to be a ceasar.
i think that i was just unlucky with my first. i was in labour at 2 in the morning. Sa’ad was born at 5:47am. my doctor just made it to deliver. the nurse was half asleep. my mom was 5 hours away so i think the lack of support led to that outcome.

wonder what the next one will be like. started taking preconception vitamins and hoping for the best