Poll - Food cravings

Hi Moms,

Join a poll to see if cravings are common or not. Let us know what it was that you craved if there was anything.

TABS

I craved certain foods the first 4 months that I rarely would eat or ever think of normally.

1. Peanut butter
    2.Fried Chicken
  2. Green beans cooked southern style.

I did eat the peanut butter, because at first that was the only food that appealed to me. I only ate the fried chicken once, because I don’t know how to make it, but craved it constantly. And I added green beans to most of my dinners.

Umm, why is there a poll about right/left handedness above? What does that have to do with cravings?

I didn’t crave anything when pregnant.

I craved peaches and berries. Yummmi! I think I had a least a peach a day during my pregnancy. I was kind of cute because all the people we knew in town knew about it, so people will bring peaches to me. I was lucky too because that year the peach season lasted longer too. After my baby was born, I have not had that many peaches :happy:

Hi,

Not too sure what happened with the question!!! lol

Sorry about that!

TABS

I reset the numbers b/c it was still reflecting the other poll that was up. So if you already voted, submit your vote again.

Hi nhockaday,

Thanks for that, wasn’t sure what to do when I saw that it was all out.

TABS

I craved chocolate covered Turkish Delight & also Pronutro (a South African cereal)!!! :frowning:

I did not crave anything during pragnancy.

I also did not crave anything wen i was pregnant

Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream! I gained 75 lbs with my first daughter and I blame it all on the ice cream cravings. This time around I am exercising more and trying to satisfy my cravings with healthier and lower calorie choices

I had not eaten pizza for a couple of years and suddenly during my pregnancy I had cravings for thin crust pizza, I ate it about once a month and I now still continue to eat it about once a month. :laugh:

I craved apple pie when I was in the later stages of pregnancy with my first baby. It will be interesting to see if that happens again.

I have heard one theory that cravings are your body’s way of getting the nutrients that your diet is lacking or you need more of when you are pregnant which would make sense from a biological point of view.

I pretty much craved anything and everything! :smiley: gimme foood :biggrin:

Mine has been different with each pregnancy. One was no meat and lots of baked potatoes. One was breads. Another was anything vinegary - especially pickles. Another has been fruit, mostly apples.

I didnt carve much during first term. There was only vomitting and vomitting sensation, which started every evening.

However during end of second term and third term, I carved for meat - I quit nonveg long ago and I m vegetarian - but i actually carved for meat…

I craved for cake, home mad sweets. yammmmmamm

Hehe… I crave for spicy food especially Nasi Lemak =) !

Hi,

My craving is for ice cubes, yum, its wonderful…

Oh yes, ice cubes are good too! Of course, it makes my hubby grit his teeth when I go chomping on ice. :rolleyes: I try to do it when he’s at work instead of at the dinner table. :slight_smile: