Please Watch

I found this on YouTube. This young man, with Down Syndrome, is very talented. I think, we should be expecting way more from both our special needs and “normal” needs kids. I’m not sure I know what either of those terms really mean, I know what they have come to mean, but I’m not buying into the distinctions much anymore.

This video is from when this young man was still a boy. His later video’s are very impressive. Please watch them and like them as well. There aren’t many comments left for him, I think we should be encouraging things like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7SPEXwuHrE&list=UUzmk3_nUob5rsQTx2zrgOjg&index=10

Hey!! Very nice video!! I Like it very much!!
babyography

I totally agree. I provide respite foster care for mostly special needs children, and seriously, it scares me how they can give these children such low expectations. They sit them in a corner, shut them in a room, and provide them with no opportunity to build skills beyond those they expect them to have. Schools are some of the worst offenders.

I think people like this man should be more well known. Perhaps that will make them realise that being behind means that you need more stimulation, not less. If no one had made an effort to teach him he would not be thought capable of this, yet someone did and he excelled expectations.