Please help me....

Hi everyone,

I’m new here.I finally found the best teaching method,that I can apply in teaching my baby…thanxso much brillbaby!
By the way I had question here,a problem actually,I had 2 babies. my first daughter,(name balqis) is 1 and 6 mnth,and the second one (name dhia)is 6 mnth…I regularly use flash card to teach them read,its look good for dhia,but its really hard to teach balqis. She almost lose attention,she don’t want to look at the word,even I show it very fast.I feel terrible and sad everyday, I don’t know if I had used the right way to present it…

Basically,how many session,category and card should I teach every day and how many time I must repeat it,or I can pick up any different category every day?And what is most important for read,the word or the picture,or should I focus on picture then slowly go to the word…lastly,when can I see the outcome,or in other word,when I can test them yes

Pls help me… :wacko:

Qisdhi mom.A Working mom. blush

You do have your hands full - teaching and 18 month old and teaching a 6 month old are two very different things and you need to adjust your teaching styles to keep their interest. It sounds like your six month old is taking to the flashcards well.

At 18 months of age Doman says you need to show slightly fewer cards per day than you would for a 6 month old to keep them interested and wanting more. He also says that you should show your daughter words that she wants to read and chooses herself - obviously if she is not talking this could be difficult, but try to choose things she is really interested in - maybe she has a favourite toy, or a best friend, or a favourite TV character, or likes going to the park, or loves bath time or whatever - teach her the words associated with what she likes best. I found with my own daughter that at this age flashing words at her did not work as well as it had and I had to stick words on the wall rather and read them to her as we passed them - but each child is different.

Doman says 5 sets of 5 words (25 words in total) for 3 sessions a day, but that is for the younger child - less for your 18 month old. All words should be repeated 15 times in total (usually shown for 5 days then)

There are no hard and fast rules though - just keep experimenting and find what works for you and your children. You will see results faster with your older child because she is more vocal. Doman advises that you do not test your children, but see how interested they seem and then offer them two words and ask them which one says “…” and see if they will take the correct word. You could also encourage your older child to teach the baby once she is used to it and knows some words if she seems keen - they usually do like to be “big” and teach the little ones, but I wouldn’t expect that for quite some time.