Playing with a mirror?

Hi,
I got this idea from the Your Baby Can Read instruction video. He said to sit with your baby in front of a mirror and move your mouth and tongue in different ways with you baby… Later I saw a video about Montessori teaching and they briefly showed a lady and a baby sitting with a mirror. I think they were doing that. Where can I find more information on that. I know it sounds really simple but… :laugh: I like knowing I’m doing it right.

Thank you in advance.

Hello FLKL,

Playing with a mirror is one of the favourites activities for a baby. We have a very big mirror in our bedroom, she loves looking at her again and again. She moves different parts of her body and sees it reflected in the mirror. She enjoys it very of much. I have read in many articles, I think that it is also one of the games of the book Baby Play by Gymboree.

hi,
From my experience, I also take my baby in front of the mirror and talk with him/her and my baby look at him/her and mum in the mirror attentively and happily.
As a result, my babies can talk very early.

Thank you guys! The closet doors in their playroom are all mirror so we’ve started playing with it a lot. Both of my kids like it! What all do you do with it?