Playing memory with 3 yrs old

Today I experience palying Memory with my grandson. A week or 2 ago he did not understand the game or was not interested but now he did and beat me three times.

I think this is a very good game not only for memory or concentration benefits but also because you can talk about the cards (animals, colors etc). When we finish, each of us count the number of cards and I ask who had more cards. Three times he beat me. He was so happy that he said ’ IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO PLAY MEMORY.

P.D I love when he says: ‘Grandma, I have an idea…’ and then explains something he wants like: ‘Why don’t we eat a chocolate cookie.’
I like sharing this with you.

cute
memory is one of my little ones favorite games
and i love it too lol

We bought the Memory Magic CD (from the BrillKid’s “store”) and my son just thinks it’s hilarious. He gets so much joy from it. He’s way too young to manipulate the mouse, but he likes to watch mommy play. This is a good tool that you might want to check into.

Had no idea, I will look into it. Just last week he starte using the mouse with a Disney winney Pooh Kinder game. Always control time because he is too small for playing with PC.

2010BEBES, that’s sounds so fun! I have a question for you. Does the memory game plays in such a small screen? I can’t seem to find a way to enlarge the screen showing the pictures. Thanks in advance for you help. :slight_smile:

Oh no, it is not on scrreen, we play with cards. At first we left the cards open after the first time but them we turn them backwards and tried to remember where we saw it before.
Its a nice experience.

I look fo memory game in google and found tih page that has many variations.

i found this one that is cure but the figure are a little small.
http://www.thekidzpage.com/freekidsgames/games/matchit/fruitgame.htm

Neat site. I bookmarked it to try later.

I have just viewed the page. This is so great!. I tried with my son to play Memory. But I think I can not explain to him properly.

Yes as i say, i have been there too when he di not understand what was it all about.
That is why now that he is older i am so happy he pick up the game.
Wait some months and try again. you will enjoy it by then.

That is my 2 year old’s favorite game! we play it all the time. of course we use plastic cups and small toys rather than cards. sometimes we even use different kinds of cookies just to keep it fun :slight_smile:

This is also a favourite here with my 3 year old. We have some cards I bought from the zoo when we were there last and she loves it.