Playgroups

Hi I was just interested to know how many people take their babies to playgroups and what they hope to get out of it?

I have been taking my daughter to playgroups since she was born. It was a nice way for her to interact with other babies as i have no close friends or family with babies.

Hello Rose08,
I take my baby to playgroups since he was about 6 months old. I took him at that age because that was the age when is was mobile. He could sort of play with the kids his age by sharing toys or crawling on them. I think what I expect to get out of the playgroups were a little adult time for myself. This was an outlet for me to meet other mothers and share experiences. It gave me a reason to leave the house and just to get my sanity back. As you may know, as a stay at home mom, I am all alone all day with my child. There are just days where I want to be with another adult and just talk. The otherside of the of the playdate was for my son. I did want to start getting him used to interacting and being around other child. Unfortunately, I have to return to work soon, and playdates were a way for him to start socializing. This way it won’t be such a shocker when I place him in daycare. Hopefully by then he would have gotten used to seeing new faces and being around other people, other than his family. :smiley: :smiley:

I understand only too well how much you need to get out of the house being a stay at home mum.
Unfortunately at the moment my daughter sleeps at the same time that my playgroup is held so we arent going at the moment, but have been informed her sleeping habits might change soon.
I took my daughter to baby playgroups where all the babies lay on a mat and can see other babies around them, it was amazing the socializing that actually went on. The babies made eye contact with each other and reached hands out to touch the other babies.