Play, Sing & Share IPad App from Cambridge English

So I paid 99 cents for this App and I think it’s well worth it. Comes with color-coded lyrics and letter notes for Baa Baa Black Sheep, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and Incy Wincy Spider. However, you can play whatever you want. App has a touch color-coded keyboard with keys from I believe Middle C to the next highest C (whatever that’s called). All the black keys work too. The keyboard can sound like a piano, a synthesizer, or a xylophone. White keys are color-coded like Little Musician except the B is more of a red-violet than a pink, and the second C is a warm pink. Keys are labeled with “C D E” also. Tunes played on the piano can be recorded, listened to, and emailed from the IPad. Recordings sound slightly fuzzy but okay. Oh, you can sing and it will record that as well.

The three included songs have their own keyboard screen with buttons for sound effects like a sheep “baa-ing” for Baa Baa Black Sheep. Each keyboard has 8 different sound effects buttons above it and also at the top a button for a man to sing the lyrics that you can accompany on the mini-keyboard. There is also a button for the melody for the song to play without the lyrics that can also be accompanied.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/play-sing-share/id641468854?mt=8

I found another Piano App called My Little Piano Lite by White Vortex and the pluses are its free, has two octaves, and the colors are matched to Little Musician. It’s also available on IPad, Kindle, and other Android devices. Keys are labeled “Do Re Mi.” I think Do is C but someone else should check. Playing the piano makes cute animals jump across the top of the screen that will pop and disappear if you tap them. There are no black keys and there is one small ad. I bought the pay version called My Little Piano for 99 cents just to get rid of the ad so my daughter wouldn’t tap it in her enthusiasm.

Free version comes with piano play button, solfege chant button where little kid says solfege names for the keys (not sung or this might be useful) and a cricket button that teaches one free song (Baa Baa Black Sheep) with a little hand that points to the correct keys. I didn’t really like it because there was no indication how many times you had to hit the same key. It would be better if there were color-coded lyrics at the top.

Pay version has button to switch to xylophone which is nice. Also an animal key replaces “Do Re Mi” with a different animal head for each color of key (7 different animal heads, repeated for same colors) and tapping the key makes animal sounds. This could be useful if the heads were bigger but they’re pretty small. An ABC button chants the name of the animals when the keys are tapped. The cricket button teaches four addition songs - Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Old Mac Donald, London Bridge Is Falling Down, and Hush Little Baby.

So I checked the My Little Piano App with Little Musician and it matches very well (The Sol on My Little Piano is a little lighter blue - not a big deal). The middle Red Do key is Middle C, chords match up well with LMs (have to play So Ti Re an octave lower).