placenta placement

so I want to know if the placement of the placenta is anything to be worried about?
The Dr. told me that my placenta was to low when I was 20 weeks I am now 31 weeks and they are checking for the placenta placement again, why?

Checking for Placenta Previa

"There are four types or degrees of placenta previa: lateral, in which the lower margin of the placenta dips into the lower uterine segment and the major portion of the placenta is normally attached to the upper uterine segment; marginal, in which the placenta reaches the internal os when it is closed, but does not cover it; partial, in which the placenta covers the closed internal os, but does not do so when the os is fully dilated; and complete, in which the placenta covers the os, even when the cervix is fully dilated.

Placenta previa occurs in approximately 1:200 pregnancies, and it is more common in multiparous than primiparous women. Large placental size is a risk factor. Women with a history of cesarean birth have been shown to have a 3.9 percent incidence of placenta previa in a later pregnancy, possibly due to the presence of the scar on the lower uterine segment. Other risk factors include increased maternal age, parity independent of age, and cigarette smoking."

Here is another brief explanation: http://www.livestrong.com/article/96126-dangers-placenta-previa/

If U/S showed it was low before, most likely it resolved already, which it does in most cases. It is when ultrasound shows it partially covering cervix, we would go for a second follow up ultrasound hoping it moved upward, as there would be 50/50 chance. So in your case it is most likely resolved and your doctor wants to simply make sure that Placenta Previa has not developed.

Wishing you good luck with it! Let us know how it goes!!

Yes, most likely it is resolved. I had two low placentas and both self corrected :yes:
If it is still low, these days your babies risk is still minimal. Likely if its low it will mean a caesar. Although if it isn’t too low they may give you a choice.
Do not be worried, if it is a problem you will get all the information you need from the doctor.

Having an anterior placenta shouldn’t cause you or your baby any problems. Your placenta develops wherever the fertilised egg embeds in your uterus, after its journey along the fallopian tube. An anterior placenta means that your placenta is positioned on the front wall of your uterus (womb). During your anomaly scan (at 20 weeks), the person doing the scan (the sonographer) will check to see where the placenta is lying.