Pimples all over my newborn's face...help!

Good day mommies and daddies! My son is three weeks old today and I noticed that a lot of pimples have grown overnight in his face. Is this normal?What should be done? :mellow:

Yes, it’s normal. Both my sons had infant acne. It cleared after a while. It is caused by the residual maternal hormones in their bodies and usually go on their own once the hormones have cleared. My kids didn’t need any intervention. You can speak to your paediatrician if it doesn’t seem to be getting any better.

My sister’s son had milk pimples from not washing his face after feeding. you could try wiping his face down with a damp rag after he eats. If that doesn’t work, it’s okay. They are normal and they do go away on their own.

Hi

Yes, these pimples are really common and totally normal. I believe they are caused by normal fluctuations in hormones after birth and will clear up by themselves by 12 weeks.

My daughter had them around 4 weeks and they cleared up in about a week or so but I’ve heard they can come back. They didn’t bother her and I was told it was best to leave them alone since intervening could cause more harm than good.

thank you for all your replies…yep, the acne on my baby’s face is gradually clearing now…I did nothing except change his liquid soap to cetaphil…I don’t know it that helped at all but I am sure glad that Sean’s face is smoother now.

I believe it’s called milia and as has been discussed it’s harmless. Do NOT pop the “pimples” as it leads to scarring. Our baby had a tiny flare up if he got too hot, in car seat, etc.