Pillow or no pillow?

My son is 4 years old and he"d never had pillow yet. And he was perfectly fine that way. But my husband says that he needs a pillow just because everybody uses it. I tried to read about it but couldn’t really find anything about the subject.
I would like to know what you think. Just because its our costume I don’t want him to have a pillow. But it might be good for his spine? I don’t know but of course I want the best for him. Thank you for your opinion in advance.

im not giving pillows to my children. n two of my sisters also don’t use pillow. its not very important to follow just a custom.
always follow what is better for u n ur children.

I think, at 4, they can handle a pillow. However, the best way to know is to simply ask your child. Ask him to try what it feels like with a pillow and without a pillow. Then, which one feels better? He may say with and then decide to change his mind in the middle of the night, then you’ll have your answer. Ideally, one would position something behind the neck to provide support and prevent straining and sore muscles the next day. However, this all depends on the person, typical sleeping position, and overall preference among other factors. Not everyone has to have a pillow to feel comfortable.

You said " I want the best for him," and that by far is the best custom to follow :slight_smile: The best for him is whatever makes your son feel comfortable.

I asked my pediatric chiropractor this very question. She said it’s better not to introduce a pillow, and when HER kids started noticing they didn’t have one, she gave them a very thin pillow.