pics of early learning rooms?

Hi all,
I’m planning to do family day care from home in a few years, and am setting about getting my Montessori and childcare qualifications before then.
I have been searching on the internet for photos of family day care setups, childcare centre setups, montessori centres, kindergartens and so forth.
Photos to inspire me with ideas for my family day care areas…inside and outside the house.
Does anyone know of any blogs (such as homeschooling and montessori blogs) with photos that would inspire me? I like the pics here, for instance… http://satorismiles.com/homeschool-room-photos/
Or pics of any centres online that would get my creative juices flowing?

Nikita,

You may wish to post your philosophy or what you believe about early learning or your learning center believe in…
For example:

"I am a child, All the world waits for my coming. All the earth
watches with interest To see what I shall become. The future hangs
in the balance, For what I am The world of tomorrow will be.

I am a child, I have come into your world about which I know nothing. Why I came I know not. How I came I know not. I am curious I am interested. I am a child, You hold in your hand my destiny. You determine,
largely, whether I shall succeed or fail. Give me, I pray you, Those
things that make for happiness. Train me, I beg you, That I may be
a blessing to the world.

This statement, written in Chinese and English, appears at the entrance to the Guideposts Kindergarten in Hong Kong."

or some of the kindergartens here, explain their beliefs, ‘to teach children to be leaders of the future, or global citizens… , something like that’?

My children are very young, but we already do school work everyday! I love to posts passages from my kids favorite books that can be applicable to many aspects of life. It helps them feel comfortable and reminds us all of those little childhood lessons.

Thanks for posting the satorismiles.com link! I found the “rain gutter bookshelves” in the reading room a wonderful idea, and am thinking of installing some of those in my child’s bedroom!

What I wouldn’t give for the space to have a proper school room! We have just two beds and a living room, so we eat, play, study, work and relax in one room :blink: It’s a real struggle for space lol

Wow these learning areas from satorismiles are amazing. My kids do their work in the living room and kitchen. They work on the coffee table and kitchen table, or just sprawl out on the floor. Our learning materials are in boxes and bins all over the place. It’s a bit disorganized. A few times per week, I scramble around the house and collect the stuff I need. Then I lay it out in piles on the dining room table. I use the dining room to triage our learning activities, we don’t actually do our work there. Every Friday night we have dinner guests so I move all of the piles to my bedroom temporarily. It’s not pretty but it works.

Lori

Sigh…going to sleep with envy in my heart…

I was going to post my room but, wow…Satori’s mommy has got it all!

Same here. What I wouldn’t do for some space to have my own learning space!
Ours is anywhere we can find it in our apartment.

Forgot to post a link. This school room I’m totally jealous of. I wish I had a set up like this. Would make my life so much easier and even seperate our school stuff from our living space. I’m never sure if we live in an apartment or a school house. LOL

http://1plus1plus1equals1.blogspot.com/2011/03/behind-scenes-our-schoolroom-20102011.html

Wow, now I have images to correlate with my day dreams! That is a beautiful home!