Piano Lesson: Revolutionary Learning Method for kids and adults based on color associations

Hi,

I would appreciate it if anyone who tried this method was able to transit from color coded to reguar (black) easily or you had to restart to teach the musical notes again.

I learned how to read notes from age 6 and I got a lesson almost everyday for 9years after in Asia. I started from Hanon.

I think it’s neat concept to color code piano keys and notes at the beginning to learn. But I wonder whether baby just sees colors on the musical notes on the book and hit the piano keys with color association automatically.

I guess the joy that they get when they hear beautiful melody that they are making could inspire them to explore further. But I don’t know it’s easy to transit from that point.

KL, did you decided which colors to use for which notes in LM? The reason I am asking, we just got a keyboard for our daughter, and I am planning to color the keys in order to use color method. Since I saw that you will be using the color coding in LM, I thought to use the same colors for the same notes, so in the future we cam use this in conjunction with Little Musician?

Also, I was just wondering if it will be possible to have some kind of a note-editing program in LM, which will enable us to put in the simple melody in, and will make it possible to afterward to print it out from the program in color, so we can use it for the “practice sheets”, I think many people will really appreciate that, since it is not that difficult to copy a simple melody in notation from somewhere else, and if the LM authomaticaly will put these notes in different colors and will enable us to print it out in large format, it will make this a great success among the early music learning community. I will definetly be recommending it to many of my friends even just for that option! :yes:

Do you have an idea when the Beta version will be coming out? Cant wait!

Right now the colors we use are still what we had in the beginning, which were quite arbitrarily chosen (can’t remember which). Will be revisiting this issue over the course of time, including during beta - it’s quite easy to change if we want to.

Come to think of it, we’ll see if it’s easy to allow you to customize the colors yourself.

Yes, you can create custom melodies, but currently there is no print function, like how there isn’t one in LMt either. Like for LMt, the print function is being backburned for future releases, unfortunately…

Still hoping to get LMs out before the end of the year. Just so bogged down by so many other things now (if only we could share with you what else we are working on!!! :slight_smile: )