photographic memory for babies below 2years

Techniques for photographic memory for babies below 2years:
Have two sets of picture cards(the size need not be A4)…i use cards having the size of playing cards.
For babies of 13 or 14 months, initially 5 cards. show one card for less than a second and ask the baby to pick up the card shown.Gradually increase the number of cards.
(may be u can also show two cards for one second and ask the child to pick up the two from a large set)
This technique works wonders to my son.I show 15 cards at a time and he is njoying the game.

Vani

great idea!
a quick question to all those moms out there… does working on photographic memory at this young of an age stimulate the left brain too early?
would love to hear any thought on this… because this sounds like a great idea and i had been planning to wait until my daughter was over 2.
the doc :clown:

cool tip thank alot
what kind of cards or picture do you use?

DrPrimo.
I had the same question too. but as we just had fun,we continue this game…
Some more ideas:

1. Use cards having more than one picture on it.
  2. Mandalas can be used as memory cards too…
  3. Once the baby is trained,complex mandalas with different colors can be used.
    Just my idea, hope it works out!! Lemme try it out too…
    The same cards can be further used as linking memory set…

Vani

@tatianna,
I have hooked on phonics Discover reading Parent tool kit. It has phonics cards and pictures. Size is that of playing cards only.
Rgrds,
Vani

Doc, this is a matching game, which is indeed a left brain game.

If you follow Pamela Hickein’s guide on the way she balances left and right brain training, she would say that if your child is in the infant -toddler stage, that at least 30% of the stimulation that they receive should be left brain.

So as long as you’re balancing this with right brain stimulation, it’s fine. And remember, relationships before results. So if your child enjoys the game and you’re having fun too, then go ahead!

I also worry about the amount of Left Brain acitivities which I do with my little girl. But I always ensure that at least every day, we do two session of LR and LM, and one TW DVD (and some BIT cards if they are ready)

Thanks sarah108…

great advice, everyone! (i knew you guys would know!! :yes: )

so, what would you consider left brain learning/activities? i do flash cards, LM/LR, TW and language videos, etc. etc. i never quite understood that from pamela at TW.

advice??
thanks again!
the doc :clown:

I am lost here. Isn’t TW right brain education?
Its better to get or play with productos for right brain estimulation before your kid looses his capacity to make a good use of it. I think this occurs at age 3 o r 4.