Phonics and multiple languages - how?

Happy New Year! :slight_smile:

Our native language is Romanian - a language where WYHIWYW - What You Hear/Pronounce Is What You Write, in general.
Our second language as priority, is English.
On the third place, for now, are both Chinese and Spanish.

We have LR and LM, both in English. Our son is now at the beginning at the phonics part of LR.
I want him to learn to read both in Romanian and English. So, I thought it will be useful to let LR do its job with English and also make or show him beginner books in English and other materials related to English phonics. And, for Romanian, I’ve started to make our own books, with words written in big fonts, following the Doman method, to single words, cuplets etc, and changing the font size in time. I think about Romanian phonics (plurals, using numerals, articles etc.) and make books helpful in that direction.

My idea is to use as many books as I can in Romanian, books with themes that our son would enjoy, from different subjects. I love to make our own books, it’s joyful for me too. Plus, it’s a way to get him used to printed material as he is so much into watching DVD’s and LR and LM.

What do you think about what I’m doing?
How do you do the phonics when teaching multiple languages? I’ve seen that for English there are so many good materials, and I’ve watched videos with your little ones reading, it’s so great. I want for my kid a similar thing… Any advice?

Andrea