Perfect Pitch - Instruments?

I was recently given a program for learning perfect pitch. It’s aimed at adults but has a section for teaching perfect pitch to your kids. All one needs is a tuned instrument. Unfortunately we do not have ANY instruments in our house.

I was thinking of just picking up a piano, there are more than 10 functional pianos available free (pick up only) in the city near me. But we have hardly any room for one. I was hoping for something smaller.

What has everyone else used for perfect pitch training?

(Moved from the wrong board. Sorry!)

we initially used a glockenspiel: http://www.amazon.com/LMI-Note-Bell-Set-Case/dp/B0002F712S/ref=sr_1_2?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1283650586&sr=1-2

then later on upgraded to an electronic keyboard. :slight_smile:

We use a glockenspiel as well and a recently got a little electric keyboard but that is mostly just for fun. We let the kids watch Trebellina. What program were you given to help teach perfect pitch?

I own a piano but I don’t use it for perfect pitch. Do you know how hard it is to keep an instrument in tune? Every change of weather effects them, even on a fine instrument. I use virtualpiano.net online.

U may use Perfect Pitch Musical Training Tuning forks
U may found it here:
http://www.rightbrainkids.com/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage6/product_id,177/category_id,47/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,26/

Virtual piano! That’s fantastic. Saves me a lot of space.

The program is the PerfectPitch.com one. David Lucas Burge’s The Perfect Pitch Ear Training SuperCourse. I started listening to the children’s section first, even though it tells you not to, and it appears to be for children old enough to play an instrument. The basic premise, for kids, is to get them to recognize C. First any C their instrument makes, then all the Cs their instrument makes. Then you move on to a different tone. That’s as far as I got before I was needed elsewhere.

Zed doesn’t play an instrument yet, so that’s not a helpful approach. I’ve decided to start with C major. First we listen to the scale (starting at middle C) then every C on the virtual piano. During his free play, I have a playlist of pieces in C major playing.

I’d like to finish listening to the program before I decide what to do next.