Parents of Twins?

So I have twin boys. and I’m trying to teach them how to read early? Any other parents trying to do early training with twins?

Hi
Brill kids to build on vocabulary and sight words. Sing the ABC song in phonics. My twins were ‘reading’ phonetically by ear very early. eg. if I sounded out the word cat, “Kuh, eh, t”, they’ll say cat. I’d do this for a few words at a time while reading a book to them. As they approached 2, I’d ask them to read a word from the book every now and then. Looking back, it would have been more effective if I had shown the words printed out in larger print - go through a few vocabulary words before starting the book, as one mum had pointed out. I do it now to increase their vocabulary. One learned faster than the other, and remains a better reader. They were reading a book (early reader) each a day before 3. I rarely interrupt so as not to take away the pleasure of a story. We borrow books from the library so there are about 30 or more around the house at any one time. They choose some books themselves and at home, these are the ones they would pick up and read on their own.

The twin who is slower at reading is better at speaking - he talks more and likes to use new words. There are many other differences in terms of their preferences and what they are good at. My humble advice is that there should be no pressure on the academics. It should be fun at this early age. All the best on your journey.