Parent with children with Special Needs

Hi my name is Valerie and as you can see in my profile I have 3 children. Whom they all have special needs (Autism). As a parent, I feel that it is my full responsiblility to give them the therapy and intervention they require. Brill kids is helping me do that, I find it very useful and fascinating.

I would like to talk to others about this and some tips that I found useful and maybe useful to others. I would love to help where i can…

Thanks!

Welcome!!

Tell us more about your kids–are they verbal?? When were they diagnosed? What are their major issues, and what therapies/diets/interventions are you taking to solve their problems?

I have an 11-year-old non-verbal niece with Autism and she just makes the world a better place to live. All children are blessings!! :biggrin:

My son is seven and he has been diagnosed with Moderate Autism 4 years ago and he is non-verbal. I’ve slowly tought him to communicate with the pecs (Picture Exchanging). He is finding more relieving to somehow communicate with us and this is lessening his frustration and tantrums.

My twin girls are four and a half and they are verbal. One has poor communication and comprehension and is really smart! But she has a short attention span.

The other has all of these as well along with poor socialization.

My son is on the GF diet!