over come with boardome

I am 27 and have been career orientated since i first started doing a paper run when i was 12. For the first time in my life i have not been working (seven months); and i am overcome with an immense feeling of boredom? My little princess sleeps all day and all night -i shouldn’t be complaining, but im at a loss as to what to do?
i have approached my partner with my honest thoughts, and he looks at me like im a moron… " i wish i could stay at home with our daughter all day" the only problem there being that he earns 80K+ a year, and my job before maternity leave earned a measly 50K (not enough to support the two of us with current liabilities)
I don’t want to join a mothers group, as i know that mothers are the biggest judges of mothers; what is a diplomatic way of saying that i need more in my life than being a stay at home mum?
Please don’t get me wrong, i love my daughter immensely. She is my shining star… I’m just having a hard time transitioning from who i was to who I am now.

Hi and welcome to the forums. It is great to have you here. There is nothing wrong with having those feelings. Being a SAHM isn’t for everyone. The advice I give you is why not go back to work? You can find something part time (or full time, if you wish) and bring your daughter to day care or a sitter. If you just go part time, you will still have a lot of valuable time to spend with her, and you will feel more fulfilled.
And as she gets older, naps will become fewer and shorter, leaving more time to interact and play with her. She will also be more interactive, craving for you to play games and toys with her. And soon, you will be able to do more fun things if you go out, like go to a park and play.

I hope to see you around more on the forums.
Nikki

Hi Samy,

I felt exactly the same as you, was going out of my mind with boredom. I did return to work, and Isabel went to a day nursery full time. I was worried that she would think who was looking after her was her mummy, and that she wouldn’t love me anymore. The truth of the matter is that Isabel loved nursery. She had 8 other babies to play with and came on leaps and bounds. We have quality time in the early evenings and weekends, and I still get my career and can give better things to Isabel when she is older.

I don’t regret going back to work for one second, even though I do miss her every day I really believe you can’t completely change who you are when you have a child. Isabel is a well adjusted child, who is only 2 and can count to 10 and knows all of her alphabet because she is with older children at nursery!!

I will say though that it is of course different for everyone, and you have to make the decision that is best for you, but on the flip side if you did go to work and it didn’t work out you could always stay home again!!

x