Our trip to the library - book suggestions.

Ross and I went to the library for the first time since I’ve collected a bunch of new information about early reading.

There have been a few threads already on the subject of which board books are ideal for early readers, and the Maisy books often came up, so I was so excited to find some at the library to check out.

A few other books I thought were good picks:

Bow-Wow hears things, by Mark Newgarden & Megan Montague Cash.
This book has exactly one word on each page, with one accompanying illustration!

My First Book of Numbers and My First Book of Words, by Eric Carle
It’s a book that’s split into top and bottom board pages with bold numbers on top and matching fruit quantities on the bottom.
Carle also wrote a few more “My First…” books in the same format.

I go to the library every 2 weeks. I go to the early reader section, not the picture book section, and just get alot of books. If you get enough just by chance some will be good. On our last trip we got 17 books. It’s hard to pick out the best books with a kid in tow. I have accidently stumbled upon a few good series. I like the Rookie Readers and a nonfiction line called “Welcome Books.” I think they are both published by scholastic books so you might be able to preview them on their website. Unfortunately these series use many different authors so they will be spread out through the early reader section. My daughter is much older than your child so I’m not sure these will capture your child’s interest. I just hate to see any good questions go unanswered.

Good Luck, Lori