Our Progress/Update

Dear Everyone,

I like to put Sarah & Salma in my lap (one at a time) and put the cards in front of her/us and when I read the cards to her, l hold her hand to guide/point/run her finger under the words as I say them aloud. So now when she is choosing her card, she will run her finger underneath the word by herself. It is pretty amazing. Some of the words she will pronounce and others she will touch/point to - accurately.

This morning, Salma awoke earlier than normal and I decided to let her problem-solve with the YBCR (double sided) flashcards until Sarah woke. I was so impressed that Salma knew almost all of the words that we looked through correctly (about 1/2 of the deck and showing both sides) - with 3 being incorrect. It is amazing to me. And we will begin the Review DVD on the 1st. I am so excited to see the progress with her.

With Sarah, she is more independent and likes to hold the cards/books by herself; so it is more of a challenge for me to use the same technique with her for the same amount of time. Despite the different personalities, I have noticed that she will also run her own finger underneath words and she also recognizes most of the words shown to her as well.

Although their personalities are different, it is incredible to see that they are both learning! I know they will learn English because we live in America. However, I am more concerned with them learning Classical Arabic. I am so estatic at this moment, that I am going to rush to finish my Classical Arabic individual words and print them out so that my husband can read to them every day. :yes:

• Ayesha :biggrin:

That is wonderful progress. It is very encouraging. Isn’t it funny how two babies can be so different! :slight_smile:

Marhaban Ayesha!
I can so understand exactly how you’l feel to see the progress!
like when my son first read mirror on LR as I was showing mirror on flashcards only…and the other day he read a dhivehi (local language) word with a missed tashkeel, but i was proud cos he was trying on his own!
last few days i was lagging behind in teaching though, so wish to catch up and coming here inspires me more everyday!

hi ayesha: are you staying home mother?
can you find time to prepare and teach and be a mom
ia m having problems i spent a lot of tiime preparing and teaching my baby one .and working as dentist no time

Dear:

PurpleFungi - yes, it is fascinating and awe-inspiring. :yes:

KylesMom - Yes, it is very exciting! And congratulations on your son’s progress as well. I love this forum because it keeps me motivated and focused! :yes:

Ketty Rain - yes, I am a stay at home mom and my husband is very supportive of the early education methods with our children. I am fortunate that he values education in general, and would rather me spend time learning or teaching the children, than slaving for hours in the kitchen and a having a spotless house.

I love the Your Baby Can Read program and materials by Dr. Robert Titzer because it is just following a schedule that is quick every day. And I also love BrillKids, because Little Reader makes it easy to teach when there is a busy schedule! I am focusing on creating ‘Uthmani Qur’anic Arabic slides for each individual word in each Surah from Juz’ 'Amma. Schwaayah, schwaayah. And my husband makes the sound clips for me to attach to each word.

Have you seen the LR downloads by Noha? They are nice to use for Modern Standard Arabic and 'ameeyah/colloquial Arabic. Also, just do what you can; make it fun and joyous, and know that it is good enough. I am not doing near what I wish I could do! Alhamdulillah for everything. I do know that there are mothers here who work, attend school, and implement many of the Doman programs. It is all about organization, planning, and having your materials prepared one month in advance. It can be done!

Take it easy on yourself and enjoy the process. Just do a little everyday. It is better than nothing!

• Ayesha :slight_smile:

I agree Ayesha. This place definitely gives me the ideas and support to continue teaching. It’s proof that early learning is beneficial and rewarding for both children and parents. :slight_smile:

Ayesha,

Thanks for the update- I love hearing others’ stories. You have double the challenge, but it must be neat to see them learn in different ways.I was curious to learn how long you have been doing the program?

Angie

thank you ayesha and all you cheer me up and encourage me to keep going on

That is awesome. We just received the Your baby can read videos this morning and just briefly checked them out. I really like them. I am happy to hear such positive reviews.

ketty rain,

Do you have YBCR? The reason I’m asking is because I understand how you feel. I work only part time, but I do too find it a bit hard to find enough time to prepare materials. Since we got the YBCR I feel a little more relax because if I don’t have the materials ready and my baby is following YBCR, I feel she is learning something. Basicaly, I try to do flash cards as a complement of the otehr things I’m doing (YBCR, BST, Doman math dots, Little Pim)

I’m trying to get more organize so I can prepare probably a month worth of materials and that way it may be easier to keep it up :smiley: