Organizing Physical Materials - What does your workspace look like?

Alright my little girl is almost 10 weeks old. I have flash cards, toys and books all over my house.

I know I need some kind of physical organization. I’m curious how you do yours. I’m thinking of changing her “room” (where she doesn’t even sleep yet) into a classroom type environment.

How do you keep your flash cards, if you do Doman? Right now I have them stuck with magnets to a white board. It’s not a good long term solution though. Do you have a binder with check off list? I’d love to see your solutions.

I use plastic boxes and label them for the books. I also have bookshelves where I keep the books not used so often. I also have plastic boxes for the toys. The flashcards are in those Ikea type stand up boxes that are half open. My suggestion is try to drop the flashcards and use LR and LM loads. It really is the same thing as the flashcards and no work to make and no need to have storage issues!

Thanks Chukwama, we’ll have to get some designated boxes/containers.

Baby girl just isn’t as interested in LM or LR as she is in the cards When I do get her to look at it, it’s not the same wide eyed excited look we get with the flash cards. She also ignores my praise with the screen, when we do get her to look at it - usually LM. When we do the paper cards, she’s as excited about the praise as she is the card. She kicks her little legs and it is fun for both of us. We’ll try LM and LR again in a few weeks.

Hmm yes, that happened with my little one too at the start. But now at 18 months, he cries if he doesn’t get to see his LR! Good luck with the organising! Those Ikea magazine holders are the best for the flashcards.

Yes, I switched from paper to Little Reader and never looked back. Now I am able to reuse everything with our baby, and we review things with the older kids.We’ve even attempted full fledged EK Doman program with physical flashcards, which was very difficult to keep up. Now we do our EK with Little Reader, and I have it all organized and workable – with 3 kids.

When we do use physical cards, we used large shoe organizer that you hand on the wall. It has pockets. Ours had 32 pockets, which was 8 rows of 4. That worked great for preparing cards sets for every day of the week and some extra…