Organic foods

I’m wondering if anyone else uses organic foods. I think it is so good for our lo’s growing brains & bodies to eat healthy foods. Kay eats mostly organic foods - & breast milk of course!

I agree with you about organic foods - our family grow veg and fruit in as natural way as we can, and buy organic food if it is available :yes:

I don’t really believe the folk who insist that there are no benefits to be had in using organics. I thiink that organically grown food has better flavour. Surely for lo’s who eat for fast growth and development there is a greater risk from traces of chemical fertilizer and crop treatment?

I do buy organic baby foods, although I am going to start making more of my own. But I cannot afford to eat organic myself. Food is so expensive now, and organic is even worse. It’s definitely better for you though. We don’t need to ingest all those chemicals and fertilizers. If they kill bugs, imagine what they have the potential to do to us?

I too buy organic food. :smiley: My dh on the other hand doesn’t think that the extra cost is worth it. I told him that if starts going grocery shopping and cooking dinner himself, then he could get what he wanted. Obviously that won’t be happening. After reading “The Skinny Bitch” book, that changed my mind too.

Yes, it can be expensive. I got together with a few friends, registered as a business , & order through a wholesaler. We pay about the same as we would for non - organic foods at the grocery store!

We eat at home organic fruits and veggies. I know they are more expensive than traditional ones but I think it is worth it to eat them and hope in the near future more organic food to be sold so that the price come dowm because I’m spending a lot of money on it.

Another thing you can do to spend more wisely, is to buy fruits & veggies that are more likely to be heavily sprayed with chemicals organically. Others, for example carrots that grow below the ground & may not come in contact with as many chemicals can be bought non-organically.

I forgot to add: We also try to use skin & hair products that are made without chemicals. Your skin is the largest organ of your body & can absorb a lot of nasty chemicals too!

I agree with kmum! Using organic products are just as important as eating organic foods. Most of us are absorbing lots of cancerous sulfates without knowing it. Check your shampoo and liquid soap labels. A good website to visit is www.cosmeticbase.com. They have lists of products that have of harmful ingredients along with detailed explanations and lab tests results. My personal favorites are KISS MY FACE for bar soaps, JASON EARTH’S BEST for baby toiletries and DR.BRONNER for liquid soaps.

Thanks for the web site address. I like Dr. Bronners too. I use it for laundry & general cleaning as well as for a hand/body soap. I have heard of people using it for everything - including the peppermint for brushing teeth! I haven’t been that brave yet!

my son eat organic food. Now he is healty