"Once upon a time there was a pig"

Lately, before we read Pinocchio (for the second time…), my little boy tells me a story. This is a sample… :biggrin:

Very impressive! Amazing imagination!

Wow, he has an awesome vocabulary and imagination and speaks grammatically correct.

Thanks, and Happy New Year! :smiley:

very impressive!! I thought the pig story had a lot of imagination put into it. His vocabulary and grammar are amazing,

Who knows Daddude you might just have a future pulitzer prize winner on your hands!!! :biggrin:

Well done, to you and your boy.

He is so cute. You can tell he is read to a lot. At what age did you start reading to him? My daughter is almost 3 and she has a very active imagination too. She has an imaginary baby named Goo Goo that she carries around in her hand. Your boys names reminded me of that. I believe we agree on this one fact, it matters not if your baby can read if they don’t enjoy reading. The one problem I have with Doman is he tells you how to do it and why to do, etc… but he never tells you to read to your baby and read to them from the beginning, and that, in my opinion, is the most important part of the program.

By the way, DadDude, to add to your reading list you should read Red Sails to Capri, The Twenty-One Balloons, and My Father’s Dragon. You may have already read them. I love the original Peter Pan also. Oh, and how can I forget, I wanted to tell you this one too, Bread and Butter Indian. That is a great book. We just recently reread that one. It is based on a true story from long ago.

Thanks, Krista & Kimba. I’ve added your suggestions to my big master reading list (haven’t touched that in a long time…we’re re-reading Pinocchio just now (he just loves this for some reason), and the only other chapter books he’s interested in these days are the Magic Tree House and sometimes The Trumpet of the Swan. We’ve read all three of the My Father’s Dragon books–I thought they were one my list. :slight_smile:

I enjoyed watching that video! My 18 month old son stopped trashing my office long enough to watch the video too. T
Thanks for sharing it.
Claire

That was hilarious! He speaks really well and has excellent vocabulary! Well done!! :smiley:

That is so cute. What an imagination? Excellent job on cultivating his learning. You must be so proud.

I would be lying if I denied being proud. He’s imaginative I guess, but he also (like all imaginative people) stitches together elements from things he’s seen. The bits about the sawmill came from a kid’s video we found on Netflix, for instance.

I love it!!! He is such an interesting child, he has so many stuff to tell and share thanks to his great imagination!! I can tell his parents read to him since he was very young and they talk to him using right vocabulary.He is a happy boy.
Good job daddude, keep it up!
I will suggest you to work with some poetry as well.
:smiley: