Olympics

I usually have an ‘almost’ NO T.V. rule in my house. I use the T.V. for educational dvds, the weather network, and the odd time when the choice is between rip my hair out and use the T.V. as a babysitter for a few moments. However, the olympics are being hosted in our home country and winter sports are in interest to everyone in my family. I tried watching a few events today and my 2 year old said to me ‘Turn the T.V. off, Please Mommy’. I explained the olympics to her, and then turned the T.V. off. I might try to watch more tomorrow.

Are you watching the Olympics? Are your children watching? Is there any value to children watching an activity to help increase their interest/desire to do the activity? Such as watching skating to help them want to skate?

I don’t watch them.

It would seem that either no one else is watching them or they are all too busy watching the Olympics to reply.

On the positive side my daughter say all the skiers wearing helmets and decided she wanted to wear her helmet to skate! Since we have been skating without a helmet for months, I am happy for the influence.

Back to Men’s downhill.

We have an “almost” no tv home as well. Whenever he sees me going to turn on the tv he says “tennis?” He thinks that the act of watching tv is called “tennis” because that’s the only time it gets turned on!

Being from Winnipeg I know what you’re saying about it being in our country we SHOULD watch it :slight_smile: But my son also walks by when it’s on and says “off…off, Momma”.

Not watching either, I wish I could have time :biggrin: …let me tell you my day flies faster than an airplane and I just have the chance to watch one show after my daughter goes to bed…if I still have energy!!I don’t know where my energy is going…I am feeling old!! :unsure:

EXACTLY! And IF there’s time for anything relaxing in the evening you have to choose between checking out the forum conversations or vegetating in front of the tube. Although, typing prevents you from inadvertently falling asleep… :slight_smile: