Now that we're walking-can't sit through a book :(

Now that DS has learned to walk, he can’t sit through an entire book anymore. People used to be so impressed how he would go into a ‘trance’ when you read to him and he loved it, now it’s tough to get him to sit through more than 4 pages. Flash cards-ha!! He has no more interest in those right now either. I sure hope this is just a phase now that he’s discovered to be mobile :frowning:

You are right sdrake79. It is a phase. Mine went through it, too. :happy: Walking is soooo exciting. You can imagine what it would be like if you couldn’t walk, and now you could. Pretty soon walking will be old hat and he’ll come back to your lap for books. I wonder if there are books out there about walking… :wink:

I have been there too and I am there again. I found that books that were safe to carry with the child as they walk worked, and video books, or an interactive book learning system on the TV. We have Baby V-smile. After a while my toddler went back to our books, but that never stopped me reading to him anyway. Even though they walk around that doesn’t mean they are not learning by audio.
Also I would copy the books pages ( a book that I made) and place them on the wall big enough for him to touch and see easy, like posters I guess is what I am trying to say, even if it just black and white, read to him/her with your finger along the giant words. I would leave the book up for 1 week, and read the book to him 2 times a day, soon he would hum or say the words with me. Sometimes how that you present the book may be a key here, it was for me anyway. I also took the book (that I made) in power point, and showed the book using my projector or computer monitor as he played in his room. It worked well for us.