Not sure what more I can do

I’m not sure what to do. I’ve been teaching my son full force since August and his reading ablilties are increasing everyday. My bf daughter visits us once or twice a week. I ALWAYS include her in our sessions and she loves playing school. Today my bf came in on a session and was upset. I have make two sets of the words and I show them and my son usually yells out the answer, then I show the second word to his daughter and she yells out the answer (which she heard from my son). Basically because I don;t get to work with her as often I do it this way so 1)she is exposed to words and 2)I can build her confidence with words by thinking she’s getting the answer right on her own. I do the same thing with my son I make to sets I read the first and he reads the second, eventually I don’t have to read the first he does it on his own. I also do LR with both of them. She has a blast and calls me teacher when we do this.
He’s mad that the method is not working for her, and acts like I don’t really want to teach her. I do I really do want to teach her. But what more can I do :frowning: Any advice would be welcome :frowning:

Hi Waterdreamer,

It sounds like you are already doing a lot. It seems like you are just going to have to discuss this with your bf and explain what you are doing, why you are doing it, and see if he has any other suggestions for you. You are doing a good job with both kids. Hang in there.