No progress with dots cards...Please help

I have started Music, Reading (in 2 languages) and Math program with my girl when she was 22 months old. She is now almost 25 months, loves her “musical” and reading going beautifully, she remembers words (not all of them, but it’s ok) in both languages and is very delighted to do “choosing” of correct word from 2 or 3 words given or shown to her (I don’t do it often, they say not to test kids).
She is mostly correct with words, sometimes she gets it wrong, but I just show her the correct word and praise her anyway. But with Math Dots - no matter how many times we play “choosing” game with same or different cards - she gets it wrong every time, and I can see she’s just guessing or saying first thing that comes to mind. If we do quantity of presented objects (like orange segments) she can only identify up to 6 or 7 pieces, and then just says random numbers, mostly “six”. She likes watching the cards though, especially on the potty or when she tells me to “hide” them (I hide the card behind my back or behind a wall then quickly reveal it to her shouting the amount of dots).
I think part of the problem is that she’s very interested in symbols for the numbers now, (I couldn’t prevent this from happening, she’s been at childminders and grandparents etc.) and she points at number’s symbols and names them all (mostly correctly) up to 10. She grabs dots cards when she can and turns them over to see the number symbols on the back and picks one or another number out of 2-digit number and names it….
What can I do? We’re up to amount of 44 now, but I haven’t started additions with cards yet, but I tried it with objects from 1-10. Shall I start from the beginning from dot 1 in a different language, although they say don’t show same cards again (she only knows symbols names in English), or shall I abandon hope with Doman Maths method altogether?
Thank you!

That sounds frustrating.im not sure I would give up on the math dots, but maybe I would start to add other variety. I believe that is more to teaching math than just dots. So maybe alternate dots with numerals. Or do math dots one day, and a different math activity the next day, then back to math dots. If it was me I would not redo the dots systematically, but I might try reshowing them randomly in groups of 5.
It sounds like you are already trying to make the dots exciting, I like the idea of hiding then. Keep it up, no learning is a waste of time.

Thanks Khatty, I’ll try alternating with something else…