No immediate results? Wait and see!

I thought to share something my husband’s Grandfather used to say about education in general and I find it especially applicable to early learning in particular:

"Think of schooling and training like a pot of popcorn! When you make popcorn you pour oil in the pot, put it on the stove, and then pour the kernels in the pan. Even with the fire on, nothing happens right away, and you may wonder whether the kernels are any good, but from experience you know that once they’re heated up just right they’re going to pop. You shake the pot to make sure the kernels are evenly heated, and then you wait to hear the first pop.

At first only a few kernels pop, but within a few minutes they all start popping. Those little kernels of corn in the pot have popped and expanded until they fill the entire pot!

That what happens when you teaching and training your little ones. Just wait and see when it all starts “popping” :biggrin:

Hi Skylark,

That was a wonderful example that you have quoted here this definitely boosts my efforts in doing a lot of teaching stuffs to my babies…hope to see a wonderful result after sometime…

thanks for the share…

Regards
Preethi

Nice! Thanks for sharing! I have been wondering when that is going to happen…again, we just keep doing this as an act of faith :laugh:

The need of the hour,well said :yes:

I like that story. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much. That has encouraged me to keep going with my 11 month old, although i just can’t wait to see the results.

"Nice! Thanks for sharing! I have been wondering when that is going to happen…again, we just keep doing this as an act of faith "

The same with us, but our babies are still very young :yes: , so it takes patience! Cant wait for the time though :slight_smile:

Great story, and very appropriate!!

Thanks for the inspriational anecdote!!

Any stories of about when your children started to “pop” or respond to early education??

That would be great to hear! Lets share! Ours is still a little young, so far it is an act of faith. But she surely loves her “school time” :slight_smile: