news on baldness treatment

Hello everyone,

I watched on tv some news about baldness treatment, so that my husband is afraid of becoming and I found this info at www.greyhairloss.com

Could Bimatoprost be the next FDA-Approved Medication for Hair Loss?
Bimatoprost, the main active ingredient of Allergan, a medication used to reduce intraocular pressure and thus control glaucoma, has been recently approved by the FDA for lengthening eyelashes. This new cosmetic formulation of bimatoprost is sold as Latisse.

It is not uncommon that a drug’s unexpected side effects are utilised to treat other conditions, for which it was not developed. Both FDA-approved medications for treating hair loss were originally designed to treat other health conditions. Minoxidil was initially used to treat high blood pressure, long before its hair growth-promoting properties were discovered. The same applies to the second FDA-approved, hair loss medication, finasteride. It was originally used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), until its use in treating hair loss came to be known. And most recently, dutasteride, another anti-androgen employed in the treatment of BPH, was subjected to clinical examination as a novel hair loss treatment, the final details of which are expected to be released soon. Similarly, can bimatoprost, originally a glaucoma medicine, yet able to lengthen, thicken and darken eyelashes, have the same positive effect on the fine vellus hair left in the balding area of the scalp?

I~d like to know if there is any person who understand better about it and could share the expirience. Thanks at all.

I would be careful with synthetic medications, similarly how they find unexpected new properties, there are also side effects. But you can search for some natural remedies, some were used for centuries, and some can be pretty effective, I heard using some essential oils and herbal extracts done wonders to stimulate hair fossils, but also each body is very different…

I heard evening primrose works great for thinning hair in women…I’m not sure if it works the same for men.