NEWBIE from Singapore

hi everyone…

i am so new in this forum… let me intro myself…

my handsome son is 8mth old… he is super cutie i think and i have started on Doman English and Maths cards for him.
btw, his name is Lucas!

i just started reading some of the threads in this brillkids forum and i must say that i am so awed by the wonderful results of everyone’s babies… and I AM SO JEALOUS… :tongue: and feel so lousy.

lucas started on english cards n math cards very well… always lookin at them INITIALLY… then he started to lose interest… and when i tested him (yes should not test… well its problem solving then), lucas did very badly… maybe 1/10 correct… and i wonder if its out of chance that he got it correct… :mad:

besides worrying for his intelligence, lucas is 25 percentile in his weight, height… PDs told me NOT TO COMPARE and its ok if he is healthy… to me, lucas is healthy but being healthy and NOT gainin weight n height means there is a problem… he drinks well so if his body is very healthy, he SHOULD be gaining weight n height…

i am a stay home mom for now… i would like to be with lucas till at least 1.5 years old…

we went for the trial classes at little neuro tree in singapore but apparently the lessons included activities (lotsa) that are not suitable for infants… they are meant for toddlers class although they say 6mth old infants should start attending classes… its only the flashcards that were suitable…

so now that i am here, i am gg to explore the curriculum in the DVDs and if its affordable, i may get it for lucas…

wish me luck in being a happy mom and educator to my “han-sum” :smiley:

a pic of lucas hours after he is born…

lucas mom,
yixuan

Welcome, Yixuan!! Lucas IS a cutie! :slight_smile:

Your PD gave you great advice - don’t compare! :slight_smile:

Also, one thing we stress here is that the focus should NOT be on results, but on the journey of learning and teaching. Instead of focusing solely on the destination, take time to enjoy the journey, cos that is the most important thing! In fact, it doesn’t even matter if you never get to the end destination! Once you do that, you’ll feel much less stressed, and Lucas will be able to feel the change too and learn more joyfully.

Anyway, welcome again and hope to see you around often! :slight_smile: