New with questions!!!

Hi everyone,

Just heard about this forum and have started the early reading trial. Our LO will be 2 next week and has had a really tricky start. He has Down syndrome, had open heart surgery at 7 months and in diagnosed food intolerances until 15 months old. He is really perking up and becoming the real him in the last 2 months and is catching up a little bit on his milestones.

What age have any of you started the early reading programme and do you just do that days lesson once or a few times if they want to do it??

:slight_smile: Welcome! Wish your little one’s health state improves more each day so both of you can enjoy great days ahead!

On the forum you can find posts about great, wonderful, Down syndrom children who have progressed and learned a lot!
Here’s a discussion where they say how many times a day do they do the lessons http://forum.brillkids.com/parents-with-special-needs-children/down-syndrome-and-little-reader-program/, usually twice a day.
As for when to start, do it as soon as possible, and each time your child is happy.

Thank you ! :slight_smile:

Hi Backworking! Welcome. I have an older child with Down Syndrome and Autism. I think the Little Reader curriculum is a great place to start. Approach it joyfully and persevere. Your child has a great future ahead. Gravitate to people who have can-do attitudes. Best wishes

Thank you. I’m having trouble finding threads I’ve posted on. I’d bookmarked this page. So frustrating and silly of me!!

Backworking–if you click your name on the side of the post, then you can click “last posts” or something along those lines to see all of threads you’ve participated in. Hope that helps! & Welcome. :slight_smile:

Oh! Thank you! That’s great!