New to forum

Hi,

My daughter just gave birth 5 weeks early to my grandson due to preeclapsia. She is preparing to go back to work soon and I will be taking care of the little guy. So since it has been awhile…figured I could use some help! When my daughter was young she was enrolled in the state program Parents as first teachers. A teacher would make regular visits to your home to interact with the child and check her development. It was a big help to keep me on track. I did buy a program for teaching your baby to read and she did great. She was doing simple math and fractions (loved this book about how many ways can you cut a pie that taught fractions) before she started school. Soooo she is looking to me to help her with little Dawson’s development while watching him. With him being a preemie I guess thinks may be a little different.

Dawson’s Grandma!

Welcome to the forum! Your grandson is lucky to have a wonderful grandma to take care of him and teach him!

Thanks. We moved due to my husbands job relocating and I was not about to move away from the other 4 grandkids. So thankfully he was able to get a new job so we could be close to my daughter and help out. Makes it tough leaving the other 4 behind though! I worked part time and kept them part time. The 2 oldest are use to me leaving work every day and picking them up from school and attending all their school functions. :frowning: So it will be an adjustment. Can’t wait to start watching Dawson. He is almost 2 months old now. My daughter said every thing she has read is to go by when the due date was not when he was actually born. I don’t know as if I believe that!