New to Forum

Hello everyone!
What a wonderful site. I am enjoying all of the downloads. They are so much fun.

I am Katie’s Grandmother. My name is Kathy. I live in SE Wisconsin. Katie is my 19 month old grand daughter who I watch every day. I feel so blessed to have been able to retire early and now to be able to have Katie with me everyday. In years passed, I had my own day care but needed to return to the work force. I missed having children around me but learned a lot technologically while I worked. I retired as a Technical Support Manager a few years ago.

My experiences in both worlds has helped me with Katie. I use technology to help her learn. We started with learning sign language when she was 9 months old. A colleague of my husbands’ was using it with her daughter. So, Katie and I went to the local library and borrowed DVD’s that dealt with sign language. I was amazed at how quickly she picked up on communicating. At 19 months, she has a sign vocabulary of 50-60 words.

A couple of months ago we started on learning the written word and word association. I put together a few of my own Power Point presentations, made flash cards and of course utilized whatever the library had to offer. Once again, she blew me away. She is quick to pick up on whatever is presented before her. I love it!! I wish I had had similar things when her mother and aunt (my kids) were her age!

BrillKids just reinforces my belief that the sooner you start, the better.

Thank you very much for having all these great tools available to us to help our kids (grandkids).

Kathy J

Welcome Kathy! I am also relatively new to this forum and have very much enjoyed going through the information that has been posted and reading the messages from the other members. My daughter is 13 months and we are going through the trial version of Little Reader and Little Math - I was making flash cards, but this sotware saves so much time! If you have not yet tried them out I would recommend downloading the trial versions and seeing how your grand daughter likes them.

Welcome! Thats so wonderful that your doing all this for your granddaughter. She is truly blessed